Saturday, April 26, 2014

Hang On!

Letter to a friend after 6+ hours in the saddle.  And don't let me forget to mention it pissed down on us all day which just added character to the already painful adventure.  And speaking of character this motley crew donned aero helmets, NON-aero water proof jackets (at least we were crossing out fingers for water-proofness), fruit of the loom shoe covers, and lobster claw mits. We were styling and bonking. Not the best combo.

Dear friend, 



There was this one time when I was a kid on a long bike ride with my dad.  When I was getting tired he put his hand on my back and pushed me up the hills.  Twenty years later I took him for a ride and did the same to him. Sometimes we all need a little push, especially when we are stuck in the big ring - and bonking. 

I'd estimate your watts were upwards of 350W - give or take. I'd say you were exceeding the agreed upon speed limit rube.

And yes I did push that fart out and it felt fantastic.

Life will get easier, but we'll keep trashing ourselves and bonking, just Hang On!

Sincerely, 
Ryan 

No comments:

Post a Comment