Friday, April 20, 2012

Ochsner New Orleans 70.3 Preview

*NEWS FLASH - Due to potentially high winds Saturday night and Sunday morning the courses have been altered, swim moved into more protected water but tighter space), bike (shortened to 52 mi) and run changed to a 2 loop) with an alternate plan to cancel the swim and do a wave start 2 mile run in it's place. This should be interesting.

Here is the current mens Pro start list, total 37, a fairly large field along with their current ranking on the 70.3 points list or the Kona points if I couldn't find them.

70.3 PR Last, First name

49 ALLEN, RICH
191 AMORELLI, IGOR
ARCHER JIMMY
71 BARNETT,DAMON
BECKER BLAKE
251 BOUDREAUX, CHRISTOPHER
249 CAVANHA, MAURO
120 COTTER, JAMES
27 CSOKE, BALAZS
2 CUNNINGHAM, RICHIE
157* DEFILIPPIS SCOTT
150 EVOE PATRICK
GARCIA DEREK
163 GLAUSER GRANT
HODGES ANDREW
107 JESSOP BRANDON
306*JOHNSTON CHAD
95 KELLY, RYAN (ME)
59 KEMP CHRISTIAN
239 LORD, TYLER
21 LOVATO, MICHAEL
41* LOWE, TOM
170 MARSH, BRANDON
127 MCDONALD, CHRIS, 1 race
82 PAWLACZYK, KYLE
ROBINS, MITCHELL
225 ROSTYAGAEV, DMITRY
69 RUBLE, ZACH, 2 races
SCHMID, STEFAN
91 TADDONIO, KEVIN, 3 races
TOLLAKSON, TJ ?? not on his website schedule
213 UMPHENOUR, JOE, 2 races
240 WADE, ROBERT
80 WANINGER, NICK, 2 races
WATSON, JASON
WHITE, TONY
147 WURTELE, TREVOR


Although you can never be sure who is actually going to show up, and many people often don't show, you always have to count on everyone coming and bringing their A game. Of those listed on the 70.3 PR list, I am currently 12, including Tollakson who wasn't on the list, cause I know he is good. One of my goals for this race will be to beat my ranking. But my main goal is just to have a solid race, don't over-do the bike (going to have to go by feel because I do not have a power meter to race one, the draw back of power taps) and then give it all on the run. I know that if I ride within myself that I can put down a top 5 run but I have been trying to pick it up on the bike for two reasons, 1) it sucks riding by yourself. 2) the field rides fast and I need to keep myself within striking distance for the run.

I have been fighting what seems to be allergies turned into a sinus infection/gremlins in my lungs which has been making for some less than pleasurable swim workouts. Thanks to some great advice from my friend Regi and Dolly and some antibiotics, it is getting better and hopefully the gremlins in my chest will be gone by Sunday morning.

TriBike Transport !
http://tribiketransport.com/
This is the first time I have used TriBike and I gotta say it is pretty awesome. I dropped off my bike at Fast Splits in Newton MA on Saturday and set up my road bike as close to my TT position for riding in the mean time. No disassembly required and the extra gear bag allowed me to only have a carry on bag. I can't remember the last time I wasn't lugging at least one bike through the airport.








Ok I was running a little late, thankfully the driver, Colt, is a great guy and didn't say a word. He even showed me the truck they used and I was comforted to know my baby would be well protected and not thrown around by some disgruntled baggage worker.


No comments:

Post a Comment